Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blog 7

Works Cited

Niebling, Ross,, and Ross,. "Sources of Stress among College Students." College Student Journal 33 (1999): 312-18. Print.

The reading is about the causes of stress among college aged students. It is based off a survey conducted called the SSS or Student Stress Survey. It shows the correlation between the stress of college and its effects on students.

The three authors have their PhDs in fields relating to th topic and have conduced other such surveys dealing with stress and the conditions which cause stress.

One key concept is that students who live on campus at college have a dramicatly different structure to their daily activities and life. This leads to students have higher levels of stress than their nonstudent counterparts. The other key concept is the difference between various types of stress. Certain types of stress can be motivational and actually help a student but other are detrimental and have a negative impact on the student’s life.

This material helps me explore my argument because it is the very essence of my argument or conversation. I am dealing with stress in a college environment and the correlation to drinking. To draw the correlation between the two subject I must first find out if students experience more stress than other cohorts and secondly I must research information on stress and drinking. Once I have completed research in both field I can then draw the correlation between the two entities.

No comments:

Post a Comment